Sunday 8 July 2012

Kennedy Surname density map mid 1800's




Taken from surname origins.ca

I have two friends called kennedy. One is from Tipperary and it would seem from this map that he comes from a long line of them. The other is from the north and he tells me that his surname was originally scottish. That might explain the amount of them that are in that area. Interesting to note that even in the middle of the 1800's people were still been drawn to Dublin. I suspect that we will see more of these kinds of maps in the future. I would definitely like to see one for my own family name. The website apparently is going to do maps based on the 1901 and 1911 census aswell. 
BTW if you click on the image for the bigger map you will see the counties are further subdivided. These are the parish boundaries of Ireland. When i find a really high-resolution one of these i will post it. 


See anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment